[asterisk-users] Adjusting confbridge call quality

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Wed Jul 10 09:16:04 CDT 2013

Chris Gentle wrote:

> ulaw

Chris,

The sampling frequency for u-law is 8,000 Hz.  You can't produce a recording
with higher quality than the source, so you'd have to switch to a wideband codec
to improve the conferences and recordings [1] [2].

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+10+Codecs+and+Audio+Formats
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/saghul/wideband-audio-conferencing-with-asterisk

Regards,

Matthew Roth