[asterisk-users] Queue questions - Asterisk 11

Satish Barot satish4asterisk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 02:15:16 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to questions about queues. Member is a phone like SIP/myphone and
> only one member in the queue.
>
> At first, DIALSTATUS doesn't return any status. How to now if a call in
> queue has been answered or if caller just hangup?

Queue application uses QUEUESTATUS and not DIALSTATUS

> Second, how to deal with timeout, I have strange behaviors. If I put
> timeout=60 in queue.conf and I call the queue passing also 60 as timeout
> value, asterisk is returning after 5000ms the 4000 then 2000 then 2000 aso.
> I can replace the 60sec value on both place, or 60 in queue conf and 10
> when calling queue, I never have a stable behavior and more, not what I
> want.
>
> Exemple: let say asterisk should try all 20 seconds to call the member for
> 8 seconds: how to configure this? What I found, is to put timeout=0 in
> queue conf and passing 20 to queue, so caller stays in queue 20 seconds
> before timeout. But asterisk rings 20 seconds :-(

A snippet from queues.conf...
 "A Queue has two different "timeout" values associated with it. One is
the  timeout parameter configured in queues.conf. This timeout specifies
the  amount of time to try ringing a member's phone before considering the
member to be unavailable. The other timeout value is the timeout argument
to the Queue() application. This timeout represents the absolute amount of
time to allow a caller to stay in the queue before the caller is removed
from the queue. "

Correct me if I am wrong but if you want your caller to be in Queue for 20
seconds and try calling member for 8 seconds you should have 20 as a
timeout argument in Queue application in your dialplan and in timeout in
queues.conf should be 8. Also check the 'retry' and 'timeoutpriority'
parameters for queues.conf

> I read documentation on voip-info.org, not very clear. timeout in
> queue.conf is only for calling agent, not members? If I put a timeout=8 in
> queue conf, how to tell asterisk to retry each 20 seconds playing MOH to
> the caller?
>

> Thanks for any hint
>
> --
> Daniel