[asterisk-users] Queue questions - Asterisk 11

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Tue Jul 2 12:27:33 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I have to questions about queues. Member is a phone like SIP/myphone and
only one member in the queue.

At first, DIALSTATUS doesn't return any status. How to now if a call in
queue has been answered or if caller just hangup?

Second, how to deal with timeout, I have strange behaviors. If I put
timeout=60 in queue.conf and I call the queue passing also 60 as timeout
value, asterisk is returning after 5000ms the 4000 then 2000 then 2000
aso. I can replace the 60sec value on both place, or 60 in queue conf
and 10 when calling queue, I never have a stable behavior and more, not
what I want.

Exemple: let say asterisk should try all 20 seconds to call the member
for 8 seconds: how to configure this? What I found, is to put timeout=0
in queue conf and passing 20 to queue, so caller stays in queue 20
seconds before timeout. But asterisk rings 20 seconds :-(

I read documentation on voip-info.org, not very clear. timeout in
queue.conf is only for calling agent, not members? If I put a timeout=8
in queue conf, how to tell asterisk to retry each 20 seconds playing MOH
to the caller?

Thanks for any hint

--
Daniel