[asterisk-users] Queues and distributed device state over WAN

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 25 13:59:41 CST 2013

> I've not tried to publish device state with XMPP yet but I've
> discovered this issue
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18078
> I'm planning to install my XMPP server on the same machine as
> one asterisk server so hopefully, I won't be hit by the issue
> above but have you met this issue ?
> Could you get around ?

I installed Tigase on the asterisk server hosting the queues, our main
office.

Yes I have experienced
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18078
But for us, we have a fibre link between 3 offices, so hardly ever see the
problem, only when I reboot the server with XMPP do the other 2 asterisk's
segfault.

The work around for us is:
  Don't reboot XMPP/Asterisk server during critical periods, however they
have a cron script checking to see whether asterisk is alive, and if not
restart asterisk.

Prior to having the luxury of private 10Mb fibre links, we had to rely on
internet ADSL VPN links between our offices, no good for voice, but reliably
enough for device state updates.

Alec