[asterisk-users] Queues and distributed device state over WAN

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 25 10:30:52 CST 2013

2013/1/25 Alec Davis <sivad.a at paradise.net.nz>

> >       Oliver wrote:
> ><snip>
> >       Before diving into this, I've got the following question :
> >
> >       - let say we have two Asterisk servers A and B,
> >       - both are interconnected through PSTN (no SIP trunk)
> >       - agent Alice's phone is connected (ie registered) to server A
> >       - Alice's phone can be reached from server A phones dialing
> Local/6789
> >       - Alice's phone can also be reached from server B phones dialing
> Local/00123456789
> >

> >       1. How do you configure both servers so that Alice's phone becomes
> Queue Member from a server B given queue ?
> >       Simply calling AddQueueMember on server B, passing
> Local/00123456789
> as interface value (ie AddQueueMember second argument) ?
> >
> >       2. Then, how should server A publish Alice's phone status ?
> >       How should server B consume Alice's phone status and associate it
> with the Queue member activity ? Using AddQueueMember stateinterface
> argument ?
>

> Before trying to get distributed device state going:
>         Device names across all Asterisk proxy's participating in
> 'distributed device state' need to be unique.
>         IE. You can't have 'SIP/cisco1' exist on server A for ALICE, and
> SIP/cisco1 on server B for BOB.
>
> You need to get XMPP distributed device state working.
>         I followed
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Distributed+Device+State+with+XMP
> P+PubSub
>
> You need a reasonbly reliable WAN links to the jabber server support the
> XMPP updates between servers.
>         Asterisk segfaults if it can't contact the jabber server!!! See
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18078
>
> Then:
>         With Alice reqistered on Server A as SIP/cisco1
>         With Server B hosting the queue named 'queue1'.
>
> ;(on Server B)
> queues.conf:
> [queue1]
> ;what makes this work with distributed states is the 'State Interface'
> parameter
> member => Local/00123456789,0,ALICE,SIP/cisco1
>
> Alice will need a number to ring to login/logout of queue1 hosted on Server
> B;
> Dialplan Example: on server B:
> exten => s,n,Set(queuename=queue1)
> exten => s,n,Set(interface=Local/00123456789)
> exten => s,n,Set(penalty=0)
> exten => s,n,Set(stateinterface=SIP/cisco1)
> exten =>
>
> s,n(queue-add),AddQueueMember(${queuename},${interface},${penalty},options,,
> ${stateinterface})
>
> And to remove the member;
> exten => s,n(queue-remove),RemoveQueueMember(${queuename},${interface})
>
> Alec Davis

I've not tried to publish device state with XMPP yet but I've discovered
this issue https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18078
I'm planning to install my XMPP server on the same machine as one asterisk
server so hopefully, I won't be hit by the issue above but have you met
this issue ?
Could you get around ?