[asterisk-users] DAHDI: How to supress notification of changing CallerID on transfer?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jan 23 17:18:10 CST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hello out there,
>
> I'm running an Asterisk 1.8.15-cert1 with DAHDI.
> Today I noticed that Asterisk is signalling to the calling party the
> current internal CallerID whenever I put a call to another internal
> phone.
>
> Example:
>
> Customer calls 020212345-555
>  -> IVR answers and puts caller to the chosen queue
>  -> Someone picks up the phone (Internal ext. 321)
>  -> CallerID shown on customers device changes to
>      020212345-321
>
> Same when I park the call and pick it up on another phone.
>

> I don't want this to happen and can't figure out how to disable this
> on
> DAHDI or at least the current channel.
> I tried "facilityenable=no" in chan_dahdi.conf, but this only
> supresses
> signalling the on hold status.
>
> We are using a german ISDN "Anlagenanschluss" (bri_cpe) whith DDI
> served
> by the Deutsche Telekom, connected to a ISDN card which is used with
> DAHDI.
>

> Is there a hidden config flag or something to disable this for DAHDI?
> Or maybe a channel variable to temporarily disabling this on some
> channels?

chan_dahdi in Asterisk 11 has this option to easily do what you want:

; Send ISDN conected line information.
;
; block:   Do not send any connected line information.
; connect: Send connected line information on initial connect.
; update:  Same as connect but also send any updates during a call.
;          Updates happen if the call is transferred. (Default)
;
;colp_send=update

You can also use the interception macros on v1.8.
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information

Richard