[asterisk-users] Realtime vs Static Files

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:10:49 CST 2013

2013/1/23 Dan Journo <dan at keshercommunications.com>

> > We have never experienced that and use realtime with multiple asterisk
> servers.
>
> We've only recently started seeing the problem.
>
> To simplify the issue, assuming we have two servers, Asterisk1 and
> Asterisk2...
>
> Asterisk1 is a primary server and Asterisk2 is a backup and used as a
> failover. Asterisk is running on Asterisk2 to speed up the switch.
> Both share the realtime database.
>
> For some reason, about 5% of sip peers are listed as Registered on
> Asterisk2 even though there is no way they could discover the IP of
> Asterisk2 on their own.
> They also happen to be registered on Asterisk1 where they are supposed to
> be.
>
> SIP Debug has shown that they aren't actually registering with Asterisk2
> at all. They are only sending OPTIONS keepalive messages to Asterisk2 since
> QUALITY=yes something.
> They never actually send a REGISTER to Asterisk2 so that server must be
> picking up the Peer status from the realtime DB.

I have multiple asterisk servers with a pure 100% realtime configuration.
They are all working together and sharing the same realtime database (not
only sipfriends, but queue, voicemail, meetme, musiconhold and others)
without any of the problems you have reported.

Maybe you are lacking some of the configuration. These is the relevant part.

rtcachefriends=yes
rtsavesysname=yes
rtupdate=yes
rtautoclear=yes