[asterisk-users] Realtime vs Static Files

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Jan 23 06:52:29 CST 2013

> We have never experienced that and use realtime with multiple asterisk servers.

We've only recently started seeing the problem.

To simplify the issue, assuming we have two servers, Asterisk1 and Asterisk2...

Asterisk1 is a primary server and Asterisk2 is a backup and used as a failover. Asterisk is running on Asterisk2 to speed up the switch.
Both share the realtime database.

For some reason, about 5% of sip peers are listed as Registered on Asterisk2 even though there is no way they could discover the IP of Asterisk2 on their own.
They also happen to be registered on Asterisk1 where they are supposed to be.

SIP Debug has shown that they aren't actually registering with Asterisk2 at all. They are only sending OPTIONS keepalive messages to Asterisk2 since QUALITY=yes something.
They never actually send a REGISTER to Asterisk2 so that server must be picking up the Peer status from the realtime DB.