[asterisk-users] Queues and distributed device state over WAN

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 21 17:22:03 CST 2013

Hello,

I've read a couple of docs on the web about distributed call centers
(mainly this one
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fleifmadsen.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fcc01-madsen-digium.pdf&ei=wcT9ULmWLIKIhQf6zIB4&usg=AFQjCNF1ehGNvK63uDyq4FDS6_B9OsjZDQ&bvm=bv.41248874,d.ZG4
).

Before diving into this, I've got the following question :

- let say we have two Asterisk servers A and B,
- both are interconnected through PSTN (no SIP trunk)
- agent Alice's phone is connected (ie registered) to server A
- Alice's phone can be reached from server A phones dialing Local/6789
- Alice's phone can also be reached from server B phones dialing
Local/00123456789

1. How do you configure both servers so that Alice's phone becomes a Queue
Member from a server B given queue ?
Simply calling AddQueueMember on server B, passing Local/00123456789 as
interface value (ie AddQueueMember second argument) ?

2. Then, how should server A publish Alice's phone status ?
How should server B consume Alice's phone status and associate it with the
Queue member activity ? Using AddQueueMember stateinterface argument ?

Regards