[asterisk-users] TE110P Wildcard does not work with Ubuntu 12.04 server

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Jan 15 15:15:00 CST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:18:46PM +0000, ted wrote:
> Michel Verbraak <michel <at> verbraak.org> writes:
> >     Op 22-08-12 12:09, Shitian Long
> >
> >       I am trying to setup TE110P wildcard on a PBX running
> >       ubuntu 12.04 server edition. I followed the procedure
> >       from http://docs.digium.com/misc/ADL_quickstart.pdf step
> >       by step.
> >
> >       During the process of installing "dahdi-linux-complete"
> >
> >       I got following warnings:
> >
> > root <at> ubuntu:/usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1#
> >         make
> >
> >         perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> >         perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >
> >  LANGUAGE
> >           = "en_US:en",
> >
> >  LC_ALL
> >           = (unset),
> >
> >  LC_CTYPE
> >           = "UTF-8",
> >
> >  LANG
> >           = "en_US.UTF-8"
> >             are supported and installed on your system.
> >         perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
> >
> >       Frist of, I am wondering if this error matters?

I do not think this error matters. You probably should still make
sure your locale is set properly.

> >       Second question, after installation process complete, and
> >         reboot the machine
> >
> >       I got the following error, when machine boot up:

> >       wcte11xp: error

There should be some output in dmesg that indicates what the problem
is when you get an error here.

> >       I think the TE110P card is no properly loaded.
> >
> >       I try to confirm my thought by using
> >       root <at> ubuntu:~# dahdi_tool
> >
> >       There is no interface listed on the table.
> >
> >       I am wondering if anyone got idea about this issue. Thanks.
>
> Having the same problems:
>

> /# dmesg -c > /dev/null
> /# /etc/init.d/dahdi stop
> Unloading DAHDI hardware modules: done
> /# modprobe wte11xp
> FATAL: Module wte11xp not found.

The above is a differnt error than what Shitian reported. It doesn't
look like the driver was installed properly for the current kernel.

> /# dmesg
> [ 2775.316252] dahdi: Telephony Interface Unloaded
>
> /# lspci | grep Dig
> /#
>
> however:
>
> # make config
> install -D dahdi.init /etc/init.d/dahdi
> /usr/sbin/update-rc.d dahdi defaults 15 30
>  System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/dahdi already exist.
> DAHDI has been configured.
>
> List of detected DAHDI devices:
>
> pci:0000:03:02.0     wcte11xp-    e159:0001 Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Board
>
> run 'dahdi_genconf modules' to load support for only
> the DAHDI hardware installed in this system.  By
> default support for all DAHDI hardware is loaded at
> DAHDI start.
>

> any ideas?  doesnt look like my system recognized the card at all.  no lights on
> the card.  card was working perfectly.  i simply moved it from one box (gentoo)
> to another (ubuntu 12.04)

Best guess based on what you said that the driver really isn't
installed for the current kernel.

Cheers,
Shaun

--