[asterisk-users] TE110P Wildcard does not work with Ubuntu 12.04 server

ted tgwaste at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:18:46 CST 2013

from http://docs.digium.com/misc/ADL_quickstart.pdf step
>       by step.
>
>       During the process of installing "dahdi-linux-complete"
>
>       I got following warnings:
>

> root <at> ubuntu:/usr/local/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1#
>         make
>

>         perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>
>  LANGUAGE
>           = "en_US:en",
>
>  LC_ALL
>           = (unset),
>
>  LC_CTYPE
>           = "UTF-8",
>
>  LANG
>           = "en_US.UTF-8"
>             are supported and installed on your system.
>         perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>

>       Frist of, I am wondering if this error matters?
>
>       Second question, after installation process complete, and
>         reboot the machine
>
>       I got the following error, when machine boot up:

>       wcte11xp: error
>
>       I think the TE110P card is no properly loaded.
>
>       I try to confirm my thought by using
>       root <at> ubuntu:~# dahdi_tool
>
>       There is no interface listed on the table.
>
>       I am wondering if anyone got idea about this issue. Thanks.
>

>       longst
>

>       --

Having the same problems:

/# dmesg -c > /dev/null
/# /etc/init.d/dahdi stop
Unloading DAHDI hardware modules: done
/# modprobe wte11xp
FATAL: Module wte11xp not found.
/# dmesg
[ 2775.316252] dahdi: Telephony Interface Unloaded

/# lspci | grep Dig
/#

however:

# make config
install -D dahdi.init /etc/init.d/dahdi
/usr/sbin/update-rc.d dahdi defaults 15 30
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/dahdi already exist.
DAHDI has been configured.

List of detected DAHDI devices:

pci:0000:03:02.0     wcte11xp-    e159:0001 Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Board

run 'dahdi_genconf modules' to load support for only
the DAHDI hardware installed in this system.  By
default support for all DAHDI hardware is loaded at
DAHDI start.

any ideas?  doesnt look like my system recognized the card at all.  no lights on
the card.  card was working perfectly.  i simply moved it from one box (gentoo)
to another (ubuntu 12.04)