[asterisk-users] How often to restart Asterisk...

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Jan 11 15:15:32 CST 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Kevin Larsen <
kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com> wrote:

> However, this does make me wonder, do you restart periodically to try to
> avoid issues or do you just let things run until there is a problem? This
> box had 119 days of up time on the Asterisk process. I have a client that I
> installed an Elastix instance on and the last time I checked it, it was up
> to almost 500 days of up time without an asterisk restart.

I've had boxes run for years, and others have problems in a month or two.
 I have a general practice of having a reboot cron job on critical servers
at 3am on Sunday.  Our customer SLA allows for a maintenance period during
this time.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve