[asterisk-users] DIDForSale spam

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Thu Jan 10 19:07:06 CST 2013

We are about to announce the availability of a product that was written
to solve data integration problems in Learning Management implementations.
It might help people who need to merge Asterisk CDR data with trunk
provider's data and feed a CRM or billing system.

I would like to think that I could broadcast it here.

If it solves a problem, talk to me, otherwise I hope that people here
will treat it with the equanimity that I show to people who talk about
topics that do not apply to me.

Is there a lower limit of members that a question or statement must
apply to before it is not spam?

I belong to another forum that has a lot of very strict rules about
participation of vendors.
They are going to lose a lot of sources of good information and
expertise if they enforce these rules.
They are almost antagonistic to vendors but as a vendor, I deal with the
issues every day whereas the end-users are often hitting the problem for
the first and only time in their lives.
As a vendor in other forums, I try to balance commercial interest with
technical help.
I will usually let people know that I sell a certain product so that
they understand that I have a commercial interest.
Then I give them my opinion or technical information.
I think that this is fair and lets the other members make a judgment
about my statement with at least some knowledge about my bias and,
perhaps, the limit of applicability of my suggestion.

OTOH, People  who try to push weight loss solutions here, deserve
whatever gets thrown at them.

Ron

On 10/01/2013 5:32 PM, C. Savinovich wrote:

> Oh my goodness!, the asteriz-biz?  nooo, they will kill you if you try
> to post anything offering your services!...  that list ceased to
> provide any value and died a long time ago precisely because its
> members ran each other away from it. A while back, I wrote a nice
> click-to-call  service and I dared put a post indicating that I was
> offering it for a fee, and in no time they called me "spammer".  There
> is really no incentive to reward someone else's achievements, unless
> you tell them that you are given them your code for free, then they
> want it (totally contradicting the meaning of the word "business").
>

> Christian Savinovich
> */VoIP & Telephony Consultant/*
> 646-982-3572

Ron Wheeler