[asterisk-users] Paging unit suggestions

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Jan 7 14:10:03 CST 2013

We currently have an Asterisk system that is hooked up to our old paging speakers via sound card, plugged into two amps.

Each amp drives up to 8 analog speakers in each warehouse (we have 2). Both warehouses are around 30k square feet. Both have a large number of printing presses.

The computer system is that is running Asterisk is around 10 years old and starting to fail. I'm looking to replace both the system and hopefully move to a IP paging system, but wanted to reuse the current speakers.

I'm looking for suggestions on a IP based amp or similar that could drive the current speakers? I was envisioning a unit that would register as a SIP extension then would handle auto-answer that I could send a sound file to.

Thanks for any help!

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: