[asterisk-users] Verizon SIP "trunking" Field Trial

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:32:14 CST 2013

2013/1/3 Steven Howes <steve-lists at geekinter.net>

> On 3 Jan 2013, at 15:13, Michael L. Young wrote:
> > So, I am asking the community for any input.  I have read on here and
> seen on IRC that some in the community are successfully using Asterisk with
> Verizon SIP.  Verizon was going to check and see if they have any notes
> about that and those particular setups.  Can anyone help share any
> information or tidbits on how they were able to sucessfully work with
> Verizon?
>
> I *think* Verizon require IPSEC for the signalling, so it may be worth
> reading up on configuring IPSEC in Linux (or acquiring additional hardware)
> whilst you're looking at the Asterisk part. This could have just been for a
> specific product / contract or something, I don't recall the details
> exactly.

> --

I have no direct experience with Verizon, but another big player asks for a
long series of tests, like "call and answer",  "call and don't answer",
"call and cancel". It took me two full days of work to accomplish all the
tasks. For every call I have to dump the Call-ID, the date and the hours...
So, don't be scared by the "field test", it will be probably long and
tedious, but doable.

Leandro