[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Jan 2 12:11:58 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:

> And I started communicating with a 2400 baud modem so trimming was a
> necessity and a requirement of friendship.

Bah, spoiled kids.  Mine was a 110 baud acoustic.

> I think the "Will Asterisk run on a Rasberry Pi" thread the perfect
> example of why this list is dying.

The number of questions posted here that are easily answered with a search
or which are far too basic and open (how do I make Asterisk work) is very
high these days, and that does kill a list.  A lot of us are interested in
helping people who help themselves, and solving complex problems.  I've
seen many tech lists die off when people stop trying to help themselves and
ask intelligent questions.

As to top-posting, another example of when I think it's generally
acceptable is people using tablets.  I have found no way on either my iOS
or Android tablets to quickly/easily post in the traditional manner.  If
I'm faced with spending a few minutes carefully trimming a useful reply or
just not posting it at all, I'm likely to choose the latter if I'm on a
list that says "absolutely never" top post.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve