[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Jan 2 12:02:41 CST 2013

At 08:22 AM 1/2/2013, you wrote:

> >> Wouldn't need to if people trimmed their posts properly.
> >
> > Precisely (e.g., see above)! Indeed, my sense is that top-posting
> > *discourages* properly trimming email and that's my main reason against it.
> > If things were properly trimmed, the email would be short enough that it
> > really doesn't matter that much if the new material is on the top or
> > bottom, but people who top-post and don't trim create really hard-to-follow
> > emails.

I would think that if people properly trimmed their posts it would
hardly matter at all and that life would be a lot better if we griped
about that instead of where to post.

And I find the people who top post somewhat insulting, I usually top
post because my email program has no clue what a thread is. I always
trim my messages and unless the topic is really interesting I won't
scroll more than 1 or 2 pages to see an answer.

And I started communicating with a 2400 baud modem so trimming was a
necessity and a requirement of friendship.

I think the "Will Asterisk run on a Rasberry Pi" thread the perfect
example of why this list is dying. I don't have a Pi but I did spend
an hour one day researching one and I know I came across all the
answers in that thread. Sadly, for me, the Pi is the perfect example
of why there needs to be $25 USB to POTs and USB to analog phone adapters.

Ira