[asterisk-users] auto install all required dependences for asterisk.

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Feb 26 09:05:20 CST 2013

On 02/25/2013 11:48 AM, Daniel - Asterisk wrote:
> Hello Mahendra,
>
> I've just installed Asterisk from source on my Raspberry Pi model B,
> this is what I did:
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
> sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
> sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
> sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
>
> cd /usr/src/
> sudo wget
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/asterisk-1.8-current.tar.gz
> sudo tar zxvf asterisk-1.8-current.tar.gz
> sudo reboot

Asterisk includes a script that installs prerequisites for common
distros in contrib/scripts/install_prereq. It does support Debian,
although I personally haven't run it on a Raspberry Pi B.

> sudo ./configure
> sudo make menuselect
> sudo make
> sudo make install
> sudo make samples
>
> sudo make config   <-- It doesn't work for me

"It doesn't work for me" is not sufficient for someone to help you. You
need to provide what the error output is.

If the error output is "We could not install init scripts for your
operating system", then Raspberry Pi B's distro is not supported by the
'make config' target. If that's the case, you will need to modify the
Makefile to recognize the distro and install appropriately; you can
probably use the stock Debian installation as a guide.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager