[asterisk-users] auto install all required dependences for asterisk.

Daniel - Asterisk earohuanca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:48:56 CST 2013

Hello Mahendra,

I've just installed Asterisk from source on my Raspberry Pi model B, this
is what I did:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

cd /usr/src/
sudo wget
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/asterisk-1.8-current.tar.gz
sudo tar zxvf asterisk-1.8-current.tar.gz
sudo reboot

sudo ./configure
sudo make menuselect
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo make samples

sudo make config   <-- It doesn't work for me
I can access Asterisk from console (asterisk -vvvvvvvc) but I'm struggling
to put it as a linux service.

Hope this helps, if you have an answer to put asterisk as service please
let me know.

Elder D. Arohuanca
Lima - Peru