[asterisk-users] Playback on h exten

Bharat Lalcheta bharatlalcheta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:35:57 CST 2013

Any application with audio stream like playback or background will not work
in h priority, use of g in Dial() and c in Queue() is best approach for the
same.

Refer following link for h priority detail explanation
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+h+extension

Regards,

Bharat
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>wrote:

> On Thursday 21 February 2013, Enrico Pasqualotto wrote:
> > Hi all, I'm trying to setup a Quiz/feedback for caller of call center
> when
> > a agent hangup. I use Asterisk 1.8.16 and I'm trying with Queue and Dial
> > with options c and g but every time I try to play something I got:
> > .....  stuff deleted .....
> > This is my dialplan:
> >
> > [from-test]
> > exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60,rjtTg)
> > exten => h,1,Goto(play,s,1)
> >
> > [play]
> > exten => s,1,Noop(play)
> > exten => s,2,Saydigits(123579)
> >

> > Anyone can help me?
>
> By the time you reach extension h, it's too late for playing audio; the
> call
> has already been hung up, and the process of freeing up resources has
> begun.
>
> If you are using the g modifier to the Dial() command then the call doesn't
> jump to extension h, but carries on with the next step if the far end hangs
> up.  So what you probably want is something more like this:
>
> [from-test]
> exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60,rjtTg)
> exten => _X.,2,Noop(play)
> exten => _X.,3,Saydigits(123579)
>

> --
> AJS