[asterisk-users] Can't detect remote answer

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Mon Feb 11 15:59:01 CST 2013

I think the default DTMF tone duration is 100ms, if you are dialing 10 digits, that ends up being 1 second delay just to dial the DTMF, not including inter-digit delays.   Try setting toneduration=50 in chan_dahdi.conf and see what happens.   If you make it too low your telco will miss some digits, you'll need to experiment.   You may need to increase it.   If the telco switch is busy, like in the middle of the day your minimum workable tone duration may be higher than in the middle of the night.