[asterisk-users] Set(CALLERID(num-pres)=prohib) / AGI version

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 09:35:20 CST 2013

In article <51127171.2030607 at ovm-group.com>,
Thorsten Göllner <tg at ovm-group.com> wrote:

> Am 06.02.2013 16:02, schrieb Steve Edwards:
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Thorsten Göllner wrote:
> >
> >> I tried to implement it into my AGI-Script, but with no success. Can
> >> please anyone give me a hint, what is wrong with it:
> >> Set CALLERID(num-pres) prohib
> >> or
> >> Set CALLERID(num-pres)=prohib
> >>
> >> Both commands lead into:
> >> 510 Invalid or unknown command
> >
> > I'm just a 1.2 Luddite, but...
> >
> > Who's library/framework are you using?
> >
> > Neither of the commands you show above are valid AGI commands.
> >
> > Curiously, I've never tried to set caller ID (or its options) in an
> > AGI, I've only set channel variables that ended up setting CID in the
> > dialplan.
> >
> > If you were reading the variables, the command would look like:
> >
> >     'get full variable "${CALLERID(num-pres)}"'
> >
> > Maybe you could try something like:
> >
> >     'set variable "CALLERID(num-pres)" "prohib"'
> >
> > (I don't see a 'set full variable' AGI command.)
> >
> > How about a console log with verbose and debug cranked up and with AGI
> > debug enabled?
>
> Thanks. But I found the right syntax now:
> Exec Set CALLERID(num-pres)=prohib
>
> This AGI-Command leads into "200 OK" and I can verify, that outgoing
> calls (SIP and DAHDI) are anonymous.

Yes, that will work, but it is executing the Set() dialplan application.
AGI has a built-in command to set a variable, and it will be more efficient
to use that. I can confirm the following AGI syntax will work, as I have
used it to set other function-based values:

SET VARIABLE CALLERID(num-pres) "prohib"

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield