[asterisk-users] weird "RED alarm" on FXO channel

neo haux neo.haux at gmx.com
Mon Feb 4 15:23:21 CST 2013

I have a recurrent problem on my asterisk box. I have "VIA Samuel 2" as a
CPU. With  asterisk v11.1.0 and dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1 compiled
from source.

I get a RED alrm drom the port 1( FXO) two or three times per day:

[Feb  4 15:54:57] WARNING[9991]: chan_dahdi.c:8018 handle_alarms: Detected
alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm

I plug the RJ11 in a normal phone and I can hear the line is up and I can
call extern number (via PSTN)

I must stop asterisk + restart dahdi and start asterisk to get asterisk
work normaly.   I have no idea where is the problem or even what to do to
debug the issue

I get these outputs when the channel is in "RED Alarm"

root at pbx01:~# /etc/init.d/dahdi status
### Span  1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM410P" (MASTER)
  1 FXO        FXSKS       (In use) (EC: MG2 - INACTIVE)  RED  <========
This is my problem !
  2 FXO        FXSKS       (EC: MG2 - INACTIVE)  RED
  3 FXS        FXOKS       (In use) (EC: MG2 - INACTIVE)
  4 FXS        FXOKS       (In use) (EC: MG2 - INACTIVE)

pbx01*CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC    Fra
Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard TDM410P                         OK      0      0      0      CAS
Unk           0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
pbx01*CLI>

pbx01*CLI> dahdi show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret        Blocked
   State      Description
 pseudo            default                    default
  In Service
      1            from-pstn                  default
  In Service
      3            local                      default
  In Service
      4            local                      default
  In Service
pbx01*CLI> dahdi show
cadences  channel   channels  status    version
pbx01*CLI> dahdi show cadences
r1: 125,125,2000,4000
r2: 250,250,500,1000,250,250,500,4000
r3: 125,125,125,125,125,4000
r4: 1000,500,2500,5000

pbx01*CLI> dahdi show version
DAHDI Version: 2.6.1 Echo Canceller: HWEC, MG2

pbx01*CLI> dahdi show channel 1
Channel: 1
File Descriptor: 12
Span: 1
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: from-pstn
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID subaddress:
Caller ID name: port-bell01
Mailbox: 1
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 1
Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
Radio: 0
Owner: <None>
Real: <None>
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: no
Busy Detection: no
TDD: no
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Gains (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
Dynamic Range Compression (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
DND: no
Echo Cancellation:
128 taps
currently OFF
Wait for dialtone: 0ms
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook

Is it a known bug ? Why I have to restart dhadi to resolve this ?

Thanks a lot !