[asterisk-users] VoIPGMap: Graphing active Asterisk calls on Google Maps

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Feb 4 12:26:45 CST 2013

Hi list,

I've always wanted to graph my active SIP calls on a map somehow, and
now I've finally taken the time to do it. My script is called VoIPGMap
and it displays active calls on Google Maps. Logic-wise it's designed
for a callthrough or calling card scenario, where calls will be
displayed to originate from a single location, but you can surely adjust
it to instead show caller and callee location connected.

I think the cool part is that it really tries to get the most accurate
coordinates for every destination, down to the city level, by using text
(country code, ISO, lat/long) and MySQL (ITU self-compiled DB + MaxMind
public DB) based databases, which are included.

Here are some demos:

http://truemetal.org/universe/voipgmap/live_demo1.html
http://truemetal.org/universe/voipgmap/live_demo2.html
http://truemetal.org/universe/voipgmap/live_demo3.html
http://truemetal.org/universe/voipgmap/live_demo4.html

First I thought about calling it AstGMap but then realized you can
simply feed it any form of E.164 numbers so I chose VoIPGMap instead :)
If you feel like rewriting it to PHP or something like that for better
performance, please do so. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer or I
wouldn't have chosen shellscript. :)

You can get it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/voipgmap/files/

And if you like it and decide to use the output on the web somewhere,
please let me know the URL so that I can check it out, thanks!

Regards
Markus