[asterisk-users] problem to socket programming in AGI

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Mon Feb 4 11:05:45 CST 2013

You are correct, this is not an asterisk question.  What I would suggest would be to run your script outside of asterisk and debug the connection.  Looking at the php doc page for fsockopen (http://php.net/manual/en/function.fsockopen.php), I see this example:
<?php
$fp = fsockopen("www.example.com", 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);
if (!$fp) {
    echo "$errstr ($errno)<br />\n";
} else {
    $out = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\n";
    $out .= "Host: www.example.com\r\n";
    $out .= "Connection: Close\r\n\r\n";
    fwrite($fp, $out);
    while (!feof($fp)) {
        echo fgets($fp, 128);
    }
    fclose($fp);
}
?>

I would first try running that (put in your host and port) and see what the error string coming back is.

-Justin