[asterisk-users] Maximum number of users

Wed Dec 18 10:08:37 CST 2013

We have a machine with a quad core 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1410 0 @
2.80GHz' running asterisk 11.2-cert with ingress and egress all sip.
Fastagi running as a daemon (written in perl) performing cdr updates at
call start, answer and call end together with a query when a call comes
in to get information on what to do with it. Local Mysql 5.5 database.
With all this we easily handled 450 simultaneous calls with many of them
also performing call recording. I think we typically had 60% idle on
each processor so the box could be pushed a lot more.