[asterisk-users] Asterisk Language Status

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Dec 11 15:23:15 CST 2013

In putting together the SoundPack code, I am looking at the
various language/locale specific code, and wondering how it all
really stands...

So, share with me, non-English speakers, what is your experience
and impression?

I heard a few comments during AstriDevCon, that some of the languages are
not quite right; some said their language was understandable, but...

Would anyone be willing to share with me, the problems they have with
various translations?

Do they pronounce numbers in a grammatically correct fashion? Any issues
with gender/tense/whatever?

Are the sound sets in other languages easily findable and downloadable?
I see a good selection on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files+international

murf

--