[asterisk-users] Language Coverage in Asterisk

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Dec 11 14:27:07 CST 2013

I see that Asterisk distributes soundsets for
English/English-AU/Spanish/French, and Russian.

There is code for several other languages inside Asterisk;
how does one obtain the other soundsets?

Also, I noted that the source sound files don't seem to be publicly
available for the sound sets that Asterisk distributes. I would assume that
the source sounds are all 44khz (or more) cd quality sounds, probably in
pcm wave format, maybe even in stereo. Are these source
sound sets indeed withheld from the public? Or am I mistaken in my
impression?

murf

--

Steve Murphy