[asterisk-users] Call Queue advise

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Dec 11 12:22:06 CST 2013

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 16:15:14 -0800
Bryan Anderson <shadow431 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Chad Wallace
> <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:47:57 -0800
> > Bryan Anderson <shadow431 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a call queue that rings about 15 users and they are
> > > wanting to set it up so that the last person to answer a call
> > > doesn't ring on the next incoming call.
> >
> > Wouldn't the leastrecent strategy work for that?  It wouldn't
> > absolutely forbid an agent from taking the next call, but it would
> > make sure every other agent had priority.  You could also add a
> > large wrap up time, to ensure they never get a second call within a
> > certain time period.

> yes but I believe that least recent would ring one agent at a time?
> If my understanding is incorrect please correct it.  We are wanting
> to keep with multiple phones ring to ensure coverage.

Yes, you're right.  It seems your solution (setting a penalty after
they get a call) is probably the only one--unless, as has been
suggested, you rethink your requirements. You could also remove them
from the queue or pause them instead of changing their penalty.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company