[asterisk-users] Call Queue advise

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Dec 10 20:51:30 CST 2013

On 13-12-09 06:47 PM, Bryan Anderson wrote:
> I have a call queue that rings about 15 users and they are wanting to set
> it up so that the last person to answer a call doesn't ring on the next
> incoming call.
>
> What would be the best way to handle this?  I have been looking at the
> strategies and none of those seem to be right for this.  My current
> thoughts are probably a macro that places a penalty on the user tell the
> next call is answered.
>
> Any advice for this would be greatly appreciated.

You have agents that log into a queue that don't want to get calls? Is
that what you are saying?

Options 1 - log the agent out, they don't get the next call.

Option 2 - Set up weights for your agents, as answer a new call,
increment then up so they don't get the next.

Either way, I see issues with the setup.  Best ways is to rethink your
queue strategy and stop using ring all.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)