[asterisk-users] Asterisk and sites connected via IP-VPN

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Dec 4 12:35:14 CST 2013

>> I wanted to know the best cost effective way to connect the two remote boxes other than the Internet.

Depends on your cost per minute on the PSTN.

We used to use the Internet for inter-office communications, until our pipes started to get really congested (Client hosting) that forced us to use the PSTN for quality purposes. The smaller sites are still using OpenVPN/VOIP to each other and PSTN back to our Corporate offices with really good results.

For us, prices are still cheaper then when we were point to point (T1)

Doug