[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP server on windows

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Wed Dec 4 08:27:37 CST 2013

Ruddy

If you can target windows 8.0 pro or 8.1 pro you can ship a Hyper-V image.
(This same image would work with Hyper-V on, Hyper-V Server 2012/2012r2 and
Windows Server 2012/2012r2.

You would need to write some kind of configuration editor or documentation
to customize the image to the users network environment.

You could automate the entire process if you were so inclined.
You can fully automate the Hyper-V side of things using PowerShell or
Dot.Net
The Linux side of things can be automated in a number of ways. We
personally wrote a windows program that collects information from the user
and posts it to our databases. The default image then has a script that
pulls the info down (images uses DHCP to start) and re-writes the asterisk
configs.

This process is not a small task but if you have the time and budge it can
work very well.

Thanks

 Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)
 616-855-1030 Ext. 2003