[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP server on windows

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Dec 4 07:02:17 CST 2013

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ruddy Gbaguidi
Sent: 04 December 2013 09:08
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP server on windows

Hi all,
I need to build an application that will be an SIP server program that will run on Linux and Windows.
The sip server need only some features such as be able to :

-          Register sip endpoints

-          Answer a call and play a local file

-          Make a dial from one channel to another.

I know asterisk can be stripped to exactly fit my needs. I would like to know if there is a way to build it on windows after it has been stripped.
Or do I have other alternatives out there ?

Servers that can run Asterisk are so cheap nowadays, unless you are talking about huge volumes of traffic.

I'd recommend getting a server and putting on Centos which is tried and tested.

You'll waste less time that way and avoid any unforeseen problems.

Or look for a cloud server to do the job for you.