[asterisk-users] Installing asterisk and dahdi on ubuntu

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 04:59:53 CDT 2013

On Thursday 29 August 2013, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I am installing asterisk and dahdi on ubuntu "and I used my username
> bghayad to login for ubuntu and do the installation, actually I feel my
> problem is related to the username and permission but I am not able how to
> fix it", I am facing now mainly the following two problems:

Just because the initscripts exist in .etc/init.d, does not mean that they are
symbolically linked from /etc/rc[0-6].d.  I think Ubuntu uses "update-rc.d" to
do this, but you will have to refer to your documentation.

To deal with the permissions thing, try
$ sudo su -
which will give you a normal root prompt.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.