[asterisk-users] Installing asterisk and dahdi on ubuntu

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 04:47:01 CDT 2013

Hello;

I am installing asterisk and dahdi on ubuntu "and I used my username bghayad to login for ubuntu and do the installation, actually I feel my problem is related to the username and permission but I am not able how to fix it", I am facing now mainly the following two problems:

The first one, asterisk is not starting automatically although I did sudo make config (for asterisk and dahdi) and the asterisk and dahdi scripts have been created under /etc/init.d/

The second problem, I started asterisk using asterisk -cvvv and from the CLI, I tried dahdi show version and dahdi show status, I am getting the following results:

*CLI> dahdi show status
No DAHDI found. Unable to open /dev/dahdi/ctl: Permission denied
Command 'dahdi show status ' failed.

*CLI> dahdi show version
Failed to open control file to get version.

Below is my ubuntu information:

bghayad at Bilal:/usr/sbin$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        12.04
Codename:       precise