[asterisk-users] Getting Asterisk 11.5 to use TURN

James Mortensen james.mortensen at voicecurve.com
Tue Aug 27 00:11:22 CDT 2013

I've configured TURN in rtp.conf in Asterisk 11.5.  The credentials are
correct because I can get Chrome to get relay candidates and attach them to
the SDP, but Asterisk doesn't want to play ball.

There's little documentation -- at least from what I can tell -- on getting
TURN working in Asterisk, other than the samples.

STUN debug is also of no help, and when I tcpdump the Asterisk box I can
see Asterisk trying to reach the TURN server but cannot see any of the
packets.

If y'all want logs, please just ask for them. Last time I tried to include
all of that stuff, your outdated mailing list system choked on it, so it
would be best if I only send what's relevant, and I'm not exactly sure what
that is, so please bear with me.

Thanks! :)

James Mortensen
Project Manager, VoiceCurve, Inc.
866-707-4590
james.mortensen at voicecurve.com

- *'How do we convince people that in programming simplicity and clarity—in
short: what mathematicians call "elegance"—are not a dispensable luxury,
but a crucial matter that decides between success and failure?' - Edsger W.
Dijkstra*