[asterisk-users] How to reply with 480 Call-limit to incoming SIP call ?

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Mon Aug 19 17:17:09 CDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After Googling, I found information on how you can read the status of an
> outgoing call but I didn't find anything on tunning reply to incoming calls.
>
> My question is :
>
> I've got a system receiving SIP calls from different callers.
> I would like to end some calls with a "480 Temporarily Unavailable (Call
> limit)" reply
> Is it possible ?

Should be!

Take a look at https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Hangup+Cause+Mappings

Then try using the Hangup() application and passing the appropriately
mapped cause code. Sounds like 19 in this case.

So using Hangup(19) in your dialplan may send out the 480 at least.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager