[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.5.0 [Paging causes Asterisk to exit]

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Aug 12 13:53:19 CDT 2013

I've recently had an Asterisk 1.4.x install system crash, luckily I was well into configuring a replacement system.

Initially, the system was running:

Debian 6 64BIT
Asteirsk 11.3
USB sound card (to paging amp)

Audio file is sent to the console via /dev/dsp1 on a 3 second time delayed call file. Initial testing shows this working well, but the day before I was to deliver and install, I noted after doing a test page, I was back at the console. Asterisk showing on the lines that it had exited cleanly.

Started Asterisk back up and tried paging 2 or 3 more times, on the 3rd try I was back at the console.

No core dumps, no log entries, nothing.

Thought maybe it was a bug, and grabbed 11.5.0 and installed before heading to the remote facility. Several test pages didn't crash.

Things were installed Friday and at that time, working well.

I just got a call from that facility (Using their cell phone), telling me that they couldn't make calls. Reviewing the system shows that Asterisk just isn't running. Looking at the time stamp of the paging file, give indication that they had just paged.

Any suggestions on what I can do to diagnose this? I have compiled Asterisk with the 'Don't optimize' option.

Thanks,

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: