[asterisk-users] Backing up DB kills RT peers

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 12:08:54 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I had a scary thing happen to me when I did my database backup last
night.  Within seconds of starting the backup script, ALL of my real
time sip peers disappeared!

All of my voicemailboxes, voicemail messages, and sip peers are in a
Mysql database.

I was able to do a database backup 3 days ago without any incedent.
Now suddenly, the whole thing comes crashing down.

I also notice that while the backup is running, my other queries
block, which is probably why my peers disappear.

I'll be posting to the mysql list as well, but has any Asterisk user
seen this before?

TIA,

Mike Diehl.