[asterisk-users] Strange issues with newly rebooted machine

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Aug 6 11:44:39 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> No, my phones aren't getting a response from the server.  I can't
> even
> get any output from the server if I do:
>
> sip show peer <name> load
>
> This command usually loads the peer from the db and shows me it's
> configuration.  In this case, I get nothing.
>
> I do have rtcachefriends=yes in my sip.conf.  In fact, this server
> has
> a virtually identical configuration to one that is already running.
> (I sync the configurations using unison.)
>
> I don't THINK this is a configuration issue.  Any ideas, though?

It sounds like Asterisk is hung in general. Next step, stop asterisk altogether, edit your /etc/asterisk/logger.conf to output all to a logfile:

full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf

Then, do a 'tail -F /var/log/asterisk/full', and startup Asterisk.

I'm guessing you'll be able to see some errors flow by, but more importantly, maybe the log will stop, showing you exactly what is hanging.

Good luck!

--Tim