[asterisk-users] Queues: Knowing when a caller is position 1 (agent phone ringing)

Timothy Smith timotsmith at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 10:38:08 CDT 2013

Dear Mitch,

Thank you so much. This partly solves my problem by a great deal, as
we'll send a message to the agent immediately on picking the call. As
the agents are local SIP channels, I will attempt looking up the
caller's name (if it exists in our database) and set it prior to
entering the queue.

Is there any way of informing the agent (just) before they pick up?
e.g when their phone starts ringing, so that they prepare accordingly?

Regards,
Wilson