[asterisk-users] Local agent/member in-use after transfer

Todd R. tjrlist at live.com
Thu Aug 1 22:19:14 CDT 2013

From: tjrlist at live.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:50:32 -0500
Subject: [asterisk-users] Local agent/member in-use after transfer

I currently have all agents/members logged in with local channels. When a call is sent to one of the agents, then the agent transfers the call out the line frees up on their phone but still shows in-use until the call that was transferred is hung up.
How can I free up the agent/local channel when the call is transferred?
This is a huge problem because the agent can no longer receive calls on their extension. If they are the only agent logged in, then no other calls can be answered. If the transferred calls last an hour then no calls can be answered by this agent for an hour.
I know I can set ringinuse=yes but this causes the agent to be interrupted while on calls which is not the desired result.

I found a solution and wanted to post it for those that may run into this trouble in the future.
I use the manager interface to login my agents using a web page.
After much digging I finally found the StateInterface: option available in 1.6 and above. I added it to my PHP login screen like this..
fputs($socket2, "StateInterface: SIP/".$agentid."\r\n");
The problem is that the queue was monitoring the local channel in terms of when a call was hungup or not, allowing other calls to come through.
When a transfer happened the Local channel was not released.
Adding the StateInterface option apparently allows the queue to monitor the actual channel, not the local channel. I couldn't find much documentation on this option, just stumbled upon it.
Fixed my issue though! Thought I would add to the little info that seems to be out there about this option.