[asterisk-users] Local agent/member in-use after transfer

Todd R. tjrlist at live.com
Thu Aug 1 12:50:32 CDT 2013

I currently have all agents/members logged in with local channels. When a call is sent to one of the agents, then the agent transfers the call out the line frees up on their phone but still shows in-use until the call that was transferred is hung up.
How can I free up the agent/local channel when the call is transferred?
This is a huge problem because the agent can no longer receive calls on their extension. If they are the only agent logged in, then no other calls can be answered. If the transferred calls last an hour then no calls can be answered by this agent for an hour.
I know I can set ringinuse=yes but this causes the agent to be interrupted while on calls which is not the desired result.