[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 CDR vs VoIP Innovations CDR

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Thu Aug 1 22:04:58 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Adam Moffett <adamlists at plexicomm.net>wrote:

> When I compare my total minutes on the bill from VoIP Innovations, to the
> number from our CDRs, I'm finding a smalish (3-4%) discrepancy in the count
> of minutes.  I'm wondering why it's there.
>
> Are there different methods of counting the billable start or end point of
> a phone call?
>
> If it matters, I'm counting more termination minutes than they are and
> they're counting more origination minutes than I am.

If I remember correctly, they bill in sub-minute increments, something like
60 second minimum, then every 6 seconds after that.  In other words, if you
have a 20 second call, it's billed as 60 seconds, however, if you have a 62
second call, it's billed as 66.  I don't remember what they're specific
increments are, but I don't believe it was a straight bill.

Are you finding that you're off by just a few seconds per call, or by
minutes? When you say you're off by 3-4%, are you saying your CDR reports
100 minutes on a call and they are showing 104 minutes, or vice versa?