[asterisk-users] multiple provider for incoming

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 22:25:24 CDT 2013

>The process will depend on your provider, of course, but I know some
have an option that if they are unable to reach
>your box, then they can
auto-forward to another DID, or to a voicemail box, or to a user-defined
 function, etc.

Forwarding to another DID will/should work for us assuming they are going to be able to do that during a failure on their side. During a recent outage (I think they had some major issues at one of their switches), they were not able to send the calls to our box which was online.

Thanks,
Matt

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:38:19 -0500
From: wcselby at selbytech.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] multiple provider for incoming

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM, David Wessell <david at ringfree.biz> wrote:

Hi Matt,

You can't have multiple providers for inbound traffic. You can have multiple providers for outbound traffic though.

Thanks
David

David,

I'm not sure where you got this information, but it's not accurate.  I've had multiple inbound and outbound SIP providers for years going to a single box.  You just get a separate DID from each provider.

Matt,

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP