[asterisk-users] multiple provider for incoming

David Wessell david at ringfree.biz
Tue Apr 30 20:41:45 CDT 2013

Warren is correct. What I meant was you can't have multiple providers for the same DID. You can get multiple DID's from different providers.

Thanks
David

From: Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com<mailto:wcselby at selbytech.com>>
Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] multiple provider for incoming

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM, David Wessell <david at ringfree.biz<mailto:david at ringfree.biz>> wrote:
Hi Matt,

You can't have multiple providers for inbound traffic. You can have multiple providers for outbound traffic though.

Thanks
David

David,

I'm not sure where you got this information, but it's not accurate.  I've had multiple inbound and outbound SIP providers for years going to a single box.  You just get a separate DID from each provider.

Matt,

The process will depend on your provider, of course, but I know some have an option that if they are unable to reach your box, then they can auto-forward to another DID, or to a voicemail box, or to a user-defined function, etc.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP