[asterisk-users] Gateway?

James Wystead szilverthorne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:16:50 CDT 2013

Guys and gals - these are all excellent answers - I am not being clear, I
think.

Let me see if I can illustrate it.

If you cannot see my diagramme, let me know and I will make a word-type
chart.

So, the Ip device at the top is a SIP phone
Asterisk Server
Gateway /IP

   - This gateway is where the SIP Trunk is - so, a provider like Packet 8
   or Broadcomm would have this
   - this connects directly to the public telephone system (somehow)
   - a Digium card would not work for me as I am not looking to connect to
   a dial tone.
   - Does this make sense?

So, the Gateway/IP based - what the hell is that called? I am sure there is
such an animal as most of us have configured SIP trunks on Asterisk - so,
I'm thinking that this thing that connect to the public phone system is
what we see as a SIP trunk - right?

So, how the hell do I do that? Probably not that simple.

Thanks!

Glen

[image: Inline image 1]