[asterisk-users] asterisk music on hold recommendations

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:43:33 CDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 03:12 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> If you use that mode, you're probably doing something wrong following an
> ancient guide.

Well, these modes are the ones documented in the sample conf files that
came with asterisk 1.8.13.0:

<snip>
; valid mode options:
; files   -- read files from a directory in any Asterisk supported
;      media format
; quietmp3  -- default
; mp3     -- loud
; mp3nb   -- unbuffered
; quietmp3nb  -- quiet unbuffered
; custom  -- run a custom application (See examples below)
<snip>

Seems I did miss something from the sample file before though:
<snip>
;cachertclasses=yes ; use 1 instance of moh class for all users who are
using it,
                     ; decrease consumable cpu cycles and memory
                     ; disabled by default
<snip>

That seems to answer my other question. Anyone got any experience using
this?

Thanks!