[asterisk-users] Installing Asterisk on Virtual Machine

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 23 07:37:33 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 02:17:47PM +0530, Sandeep Raju wrote:
> @Hans, I just tried installing from pre-built packages (which has asterisk
> 1.8). Its working fine! :) only the compiled & installed versions were
> giving me the error!..
>
> PS: sorry for spamming with multiple mails..

Distro packages naturally disable BUILD_NATIVE.

In the Debian package build rules:

# Make sure the configure script gets an CFLAGS parameter. Otherwise
# it will build with -march=native

What is the minimal code that will get asterisk crash on your system
when built with -march=native? It would b einteresting to make this an
autoconf test (see the existing test for NATIVE on configure.ac).

The bug report notes that this is a gcc issue, but I don't see any link
to a gcc bug report anywhere. Here we have gcc 4:4.6.3-1ubuntu5 (right?
That what I got from packages.ubuntu.com) still buggy.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com