[asterisk-users] CLI flood : requested media update control 26

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Apr 18 02:50:44 CDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 05:42 PM, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 06:37 AM, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>> On 04/02/2013 12:50 PM, A J Stiles wrote:
>>> (Message re-ordered for readability.  The beginning is *not* the right place
>>> for your response -- answers come *after* questions, or *between* points.)

>>> Have you any other Siemens Gigaset N510 pro phones in your setup?
>>>
>> Yes there are. But I want to know what these messages on the CLI mean ?
>>
> The device communicating with Asterisk over SIP channel
> SIP/vita3-000010af had a change in the media source (26 ==
> AST_CONTROL_SRCCHANGE). This occurs when the SSRC in an RTP packet sent
> by that device changed.
>
> When in the middle of a dialling operation, we tend to log out when one
> of the parties passes information to the other party. In general, this
> wouldn't flood the CLI, as a party shouldn't be passing much information
> off to the other parties involved in the dial.
>
> I'm not sure why a device in the middle of a 'normal' dialling operation
> (regardless of it being either the caller/peer) would switch its SSRC
> rapidly in such a fashion. A pcap should show the changes in SSRC and
> might illustrate what's occurring.
>
> Matt

Hello,

I don't think it's related to the IP-phone because I notice my
Asterisk-server also gets these messages from my SIP-provider.

The call goes : IPphone --> Asterisk --> SIP-provider

It does not occur always when calling from the same IP-phone. It can be
any IP-phone and phone type. It can also occur at any time : when there
are few calls and when there are many calls.

The negative side when this occurs is that there is no audio when the
calls gets answered. These messages flood the CLI untill the call gets
answered. Then it stops, but there is no-way-audio.

I have a second Asterisk-server (same version : 1.8.12.2) and there I
see that this messages occurs just 1 time in a call.

Could it be an issue of Asterisk ? Timing issue ? Any idea which issue
and how to tune it ?

Kind regards,
Jonas.